Thursday, March 25, 2021

QUICKSAND

In the market of my many desires

I am often lost & a confused buyer

On a few rare days when the market is closed

Life feels like a beautiful prose

But than again the rush and hush sets in

And I am stuck here in the Quicksand again


I have already filled closets and stores

But still  trying to make room for more

Just this last one I must try for sure

And the Quicksand grabs me even more


This freedom of mine has become a chain

A paradox where  my liberty is my bane

The very thing that was  to give me wings

Is making me crawl in the Quicksand within


I shout and cry into this darkness with hope

Like a flickering light unknown of its source

There comes a whisper it tells me of a friend

But I am not so sure how to comprehend


There is hurt and fear in memories of yore

A trust deficit that’s closing the door

Those silent tears & unseen cries

Have made the heart cold and dry


Trying hard to break the ice

Falling & failing & being naive

Clinging to grit that made the phoenix rise

The caterpillar too crawled before the butterfly could fly


Bruised & battered but walking still

Smiling faces but melancholy within

Is this misery or pretence you may ask me why

Its a longing for home that’s beyond the eyes


Will I remain lost in this oblivion 

Or will I be able to reach my eternal abode

Self doubt and worries keep clogging my way

Maybe metamorphosis sets in the darkest days


I hope you can hear me my eternal friend

Forgive me for my inability to comprehend

Your whispers have reached me every now & than

But probably I need is a firm shake of hand

To wake up from slumber, to rise & shine

Setting free from the Quicksand of my own mind

No comments:

Post a Comment